Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Where They Talking About Liberals?

When I heard the Dead's (1970) do Ship Of Fools this morning it took on a new meaning for me.

The first two stanza's:
Went to see the captain, strangest I could find,
Laid my proposition down, laid it on the line.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools.

Ship of fools on a cruel sea, ship of fools sail away from me.
It was later than I thought when I first believed you,
Now I cannot share your laughter, ship of fools.

PiersonShipOfFools

From Wikipedia: The ship of fools is an allegory that has long been a fixture in Western literature and art. The allegory depicts a vessel populated by human inhabitants who are deranged, frivolous, or oblivious passengers aboard a ship without a pilot, and seemingly ignorant of their own direction. This concept makes up the framework of the 15th century book Ship of Fools (1494) by Sebastian Brant.

Well they are laughing at me right now. I would slave to learn the way to sink their ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment